Saturday, September 25, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

I'm back. And this time, it's serious business all round. Lugging my bags to Schipol and across Dublin was a pain, but I had a good flight. I turned my phone on when I touched down, and the internet came flooding back into it. It had been quiet since I left but it's been chirping incessantly since I arrived. A couple of relaxing bus trips and I was home. It's good to be back.

The living room hasn't changed since I left. I'm not surprised by this. The kitchen on the other hand, is an absolute mess. Grease coating the cooker and sink, and flour everywhere else. I'm going to need to give them a good cleaning tomorrow or something. The floor also could do with a good mopping.

It seems that while I was away, the shelving unit on the wall of my room collapsed, showering my bed and floor with my belongings. I'll have to clean it all up if I want to sleep tonight. At the moment there is no walking space in the room. I'll need to resolve this minor issue soon.

Having a hi-fi in the living room is great. Having no TV may be an issue in the future, but I've enough to occupy myself with for the time being. I'll need to work on finding a place for a desk for my computer now. Looking at my room again, while I've found space for a desk, I'm not convinced I have place for a chair. This may require more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment