Thursday, September 30, 2010

Running for One Hundred

Halfway through my first week back. Lots of interesting lectures, and I've joined the gym. The lecturers all seem very interesting, The content seems like it should be pretty straightforward for the most part. Though cryptography still looks tough, as does compiler construction. The optional modules seem to be a lot more doable than the compulsory modules.

Going to the gym is kind of fun, and kind of intense. The cycling machines and the cross trainers aren't a problem, though the saddle on the cycling machines is really uncomfortable. My real struggle is with the twenty minute run on the treadmills. The run is exhausting, but what makes it worse is the pains in my feet and calf muscles with every step. I'm sure this will pass if I keep at it. The weight machines seem to be pretty easy too, though I'm sure I'm doing them wrong somehow. The aerobic stretches are a bit beyond me though, I'll need to work on those.

In a couple of days I'll be away on holiday to Croatia. I can't wait. Going to do a lot of travelling and sightseeing in the short few days I'll be there. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. Well, I'll try at least. I'm not the most skilled photographer.

I believe, and I may be mistaken, that this is my one hundredth entry on this blog since starting it in May. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to keep it up that long. Certainly it crossed my mind to just abandon it as a pain on more than one occasion. I can't say if I'll be able to keep posting to it as frequently now that I'm back in Ireland. I spent a lot of time in Holland doing nothing, I spent a lot less time in Ireland doing that.

3 comments:

  1. Double checking, this appears to be the 99th post. I've jumped the gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah we would have never noticed had you not said it :)

    You should try to blog at least once a week! Like pick a day like Friday.. Im trying to do this :)

    Ill show you stretches to stop the calf pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive, and the upon-Ireland slowdown is understandable. I entirely second the once-a-week suggestion.

    Hope to hear about/seen Croatia soon.

    ReplyDelete