Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lazier Days

After a night out in the XO in Haarlem on Friday night, with two of the most hipsterish DJs I've ever seen spinning out lots of Techno, I've spent half the weekend in bed. I can't recall the last time I was this tired. Tired to the point where even getting up to go to the shops is a massive effort. I don't know what it is but I hope I shake it soon, back to work tomorrow.

In just under a week I'll be back home in Ireland. Time certainly flew by. The whole time I was in the pub, one of the directors kept telling me I should come back and join his team when I graduate, while my manager told me to ignore him and come back to her team. I also heard something similar from one of the VPs, so it makes me think that there might be something here for me when I come back.

It's something I'd consider, coming back here. But I'm not convinced I'd go right for it. While I've had find over here and enjoyed working for Irdeto, moving into a cramped little bedsit and moving away from all of my friends hasn't been the easiest thing I've ever done. However, if the pay was high enough that money weren't an issue for me, I'd consider taking it. But even then, the idea of moving far away from family and friends wouldn't be easy.

3 comments:

  1. No you can't g back. Sorry to tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hipsters don't listen to techno, they listen to genres you've probably never heard of.

    ReplyDelete