Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Literary

In case you missed it, Netherlands are through to the World Cup Final. I was watching it of course. But even if I wasn't, I couldn't have missed the cheers and the vuvuzelas sounding all over town. There's going to be a lot of celebration here if they can put up a show and beat the German juggernaut. Lets face it, it's going to be Germany in the final with them.

I finally got around to ordering those books I was talking about. Well, some of them. The others haven't yet been published. Winging my way to me I have the Head First Guide to Java, and the Head First Guide to Programming, which is taught through Python. Also, Alastair Reynolds Terminal World. I'm having them delivered to work so I'll be sure to get them. Not published yet are the Head First Guide to Python and Hello, Android, a book on Android development. I'm looking forward to them.

Of course what I really need is a new keyboard and mouse. I've started getting the pains in my wrists in work, where I used to only get them using the horrific set up I have in my bedsit. I must inquire to see if I can get a more ergonomic set of peripherals from IT, than the ones I've been furnished with. If not, I'll have to buy up that Microsoft desktop set. If it's small enough I'll be able to drag it to and from work easy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment