Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Third

I didn't realise yesterday, but I've now been living and working here in Holland for a month. Wow. Only two thirds left to go. That certainly flew by. At this rate I'll be home before I've finished settling in. Though, I think it would be a little difficult to get any more settled into this little room than I already am. I'm not looking forward to the box room in Pleasantville after this palace. Let me tell you, until you've had a shower in your bedroom you have not lived.

Today was day three of my hundred pushup challange. I did 37 pushups. Not all at once, I'm not that far along yet. It's only been three days. I took about a minutes rest between five sets. The program increases the load every day, though I imagine it'll slow down now. It's a 6-week course, so I don't expect to hit 100 in the first two weeks.

I find it kinda difficult to leave the house without throwing a hoody on. I've tried, in this weather it doesn't do me any good and is very uncomfortable. I just feel underdressed going out and about in only a t-shirt and jeans. My messenger bag does a good job of replacing the jacket in terms of carrying more things than people reasonable need in pockets, though I can't seem to ditch the hoody. Incidentally, storing things in my bag is less convenient than storing them in the pockets of my jacket. Really, jackets cannot have too many pockets.

Here's something of note. My landlord drives a Rolls Royce. I don't think I've actually seen one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment