Monday, June 7, 2010

Work, work, work

Finally getting to do stuff at work. I've got myself a task list and everything. I am now officially productive. I'm told there was drinks in the office after I went home last Friday. Apparently it happens every couple of weeks, but someone forgot to mention it to me. Oh well, at least I got invited to the next Irish worker meetup.

I hope to have a bank account by the time the week is out. As I've discussed before, everything in the Netherlands revolves around their smart wallet cards. I've been watching them use them, they don't even need a PIN. They just stick their card into the machine and it clears. Once I have this sorted I'll be able to get my personalised travel card. They let me put my own choice of photo on it and everything.

I dropped into a petrol station the other day, to get change for a bus. Now, the bus is about €4, but I only had €2 on me in change, so I needed to break a €50 note. I had no choice but to use the €50 to buy an icecream. The cashier was not pleased. I can understand where he's coming from, having worked Sunday's in a petrol station, receiving nothing but fifties makes a stressful day. Still, it's the first time I've ever had my change thrown at me.

The new iPhone was announced today. Wow, seven days in and I'm already resorting to talking about gadgets. It's just what you'd expect from Apple, flashy looking and filled with snazzy features including a few long awaited and much demanded ones. The one that really caught my attention was the new display. It's got a higher resolution than Cian's old laptop. On a phone that means more dots per inch than the human eye can distinguish. Which means a screen that should be, in theory, as clear and crisp as paper and ink. To me this sounds really cool.

Course I won't get one. Wouldn't catch me dead with anything Apple made. Besides that G4 I own. I have my eyes on a particular long winded Android phone. the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro. If it ever gets released, and if Meteor ever pick it up, and discount it on Pay-as-you-Go. A lot of ifs, but I'm not in dire need of a new phone, so I'm not pushed enough to just buy it. I am however, trying my hand on writing some simple Android applications, but more on that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment